Furnace and Heat Pump Repair Services in Houston, TX
We are blessed with relatively mild winter weather in Houston, but the nights can get chilly, and we do have the occasional cold spell. A reliable heating appliance installed and maintained by a qualified Armstrong Air dealer will keep your family warm and comfortable, no matter how frigid the outdoor weather may be.
Heating Appliance Options
If your furnace or heat pump is more than 10 years old, it may be time to consider upgrading to a new energy-efficient model. While your heating options may be limited by fuel availability, here are the most popular heating appliances:
- Furnaces: Furnaces run on natural gas, which is abundant and relatively inexpensive. Propane and fuel oil models are available, but they are more costly to operate and maintain.
- Heat Pumps: A heat pump operates in the same way as an air conditioner except the refrigerant flows in the opposite direction in the winter. Heat pumps transfer thermal energy from outside into the living area instead burning fossil fuel to produce heat. Since efficiency declines as the temperature drops, heat pumps are best suited for mild climates like ours.
Heating Equipment Safety and Efficiency
Since fuel costs fluctuate, it’s important to properly maintain your furnace or heat pump to experience maximum comfort and efficiency. Here are some common problems regular maintenance can help avoid:
- Improper waste gas venting
- Poorly calibrated air/gas burner mixture
- Improper heating appliance installation